Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Blog This - Challenge 1: When I grow up

I've recently joined Blogged, a network of Australian bloggers, with our aim to complete a challenge every week or so, and meet some new friends.

Challenge 1: When I grow up

A ballerina? A vet? An astronaut? As a small child, what did you dream of becoming? Tell your story, on your own blog, in words, pictures or a combination. The choice is yours. As long or short as you like.

When I was a child, I always dreamed of working in a supermarket as a check-out chick. I know it sounds plain and boring, but I absolutely loved doing the grocery shopping with my Mum - choosing what went in the trolley, helping to scan the items, unpacking them, and then helping to make lunch and what we'd eat for dinner.

As soon as I reached working age, I put my name down at the local IGA, and scored a position within a month, thanks to my volunteering in my highschool canteen for the past year. I moved up to a supervisor position after 3 years, and my dream changed to run a supermarket. However, after completing my uni degree in Business and IT, I left IGA, to work in the IT division at Qantas.

Part of me really does wish I had pursued it further and done a graduate traineeship with Woolworths or Coles! It's never too late though...

1 comment:

  1. It is never too late Katy - or you could work your way up to be Chief Information Officer for one of the major grocery retailers!!

    ReplyDelete