I was wanting to put off my weigh in until Thursday, but decided I should just face it - win, lose or draw! And I came out with a draw, and stayed the same. It wasn't a gain - which might have sent me into a downward spiral. So I'm going to stay satisfied with that result and keep pushing on.
But I'm so scared the scales will have decided to stop moving. In particular, I think one of the biggest reasons is because I've signed up to the Biggest Winner challenge at the gym, I set myself the goal to loose 2kg over the month. Totally achievable, I thought!! But now it's not looking so achievable with the scales not budging. Ordinarily I think a plataeu is absolutely normal, and I'd be able to take it in my stride, but this is really making me panic a bit as I really wanted to make this challenge and be in the running for a very decent prize!
I've been filling in my "Biggest Winner" task sheet every day, and this is day 4. I've managed 15, 15 and 14 ticks on my first 3 days, so I'm totally up there for having "a healthy lifestyle". I'm making a very diligent effort to eat all the recommended vegetable AND fruit servings (and anyone who knows me would know that eating fruit is NOT my strong point!). I'm also eating far less processed and even baked food. It's amazing how much food you can eat!!
What I am doing so far to get off this "plateau":
- trying different form of exercise - adding some bike riding in this week, and some extra hills on my walk
- eating extra protein at breakfast AND lunch, not just dinner
- eating extra juicy fruit
- spreading my meals out a bit further over the day
- eating a little less at my evening meal and at night
- making sure I'm sleeping enough (easier said than done!)



*HUGS*
ReplyDeleteIt does get easier Kat and when you find a rhythm that works for you then it will get easier. Stick too it!