Tuesday, February 10, 2009

4.5 years later, the dress fits again!

This week has been fantastic, and I’m headed for a reasonable loss tomorrow! Turned up to do my workout (yes, the 5:55am alarm!) at the gym, and the lady had forgotten the opening times! So I wasn’t able to do a full workout, but I figured 25 minutes is still better than none. My wonderful husband said if there is next time I should just stay for the full workout and he’ll catch the later train. I don’t expect it should happen very often.

We were flicking through some old pictures last night, and I realised there was another dress I could try on that should fit again! So I pulled it out of the cupboard, and it fit too!! A size 16 dress!!! It might be a bit big, but I remember the last time I wore it was in December 2004. Five years ago. I’m sure styles have changed since then, I’m just so thrilled that my size has changed so much that it fits.

On Saturday I went to the gym with my sister-in-law, and it was fantastic having the company. We were able to talk for the first 5 minutes, and then it was only on the slower circuit stations could we have a chat, and when we were doing our stretches. I should be due for my monthly weigh-and-measure at the gym in a week.

Last night was an awful night for sleeping with the children, which consequently meant I was up a lot of the night too. A lot of broken sleep, so it was rough getting up so early for my workout, but I’m still feeling great this afternoon!! This exercise gig is certainly a secret of feeling good. I was reading through old journals, and even 6 months ago I was at such a low. And now I feel so fabulous, and I know it’s exercise that I can attribute it too. Obviously I’ve lost weight and I’m eating much better too, but in terms of getting me going, giving me more energy and making me just FEEL happier, it’s the exercise.

A rough week this week as it’s pay day on Sunday, and I’m going to try and neglect doing a full grocery shop until next Monday or Tuesday. So the plan for this week:
We’re going to grab a dish of takeaway tomorrow night after my weigh-in, and I have leftover chicken and vegetables for the children to have.
Wednesday we’re going to go to my Mums.

  • Thursday I’m going to use any leftover vegetables I have in the cupboard and make a beef rogan josh.
  • By Friday I think that leaves me with a pasta carbonara, made with leftover (frozen) BBQ’d chicken.
  • Saturday we have visitors for dinner, so I think I have most of the ingredients to make a lasagne.
  • Sunday we might have homemade hamburgers with salad and wedges.
  • Monday we’ll have fish with homemade wedges (again!) and whatever vegetables/salad I have left.

So I’ll only REALLY need to pick up a few basics during the week – milk, bread, yoghurt, maybe cheese, some cold meat for lunches, salad and a few vegetables.

No comments:

Post a Comment