Courtesy of Chantelle at Fat Mum Slim:
My 13 Food Quirks
1. I love prawns, but I can't peel them. That means I only ever eat them at Christmas.
2. I've only learnt to love avocados over the last 5 years. And they are so good for you!
3. I'm deficient in iron, so I make a point of having red meat at least 2-3 times a week.
4. I won't eat frankfurts since I found out what was in them around 15 years ago.
5. I'd prefer to make my own pizza - base and all, than buy pizza. I haven't bought take-away pizza for over a year since we started making our own.
6. I've recently learnt to love All Bran.
7. My favourite dessert is Lemon Meringue Pie, with extra lemon filling.
8. My grandmother taught me to put butter on top of Vegemite when you're having Vegemite toast. Tastes so much better this way!
9. I won't eat cuts of pork, but I will eat bacon.
10. There is actually a fruit that tastes like chocolate, called the Black Sapote. We tried it at Tropical Fruit World.
11. I love to use fresh herbs with my cooking, but I must have a black thumb, as I can't grown them and get them to thrive!.
12. I like brussel sprouts.
13. I don't like fruit. I'll eat apples at a pinch, but I would much prefer a plate of vegetables.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Brussels Sprouts are like Silverbeet; great if cooked well (ie NOT overcooked)and the younger the better - look for the little ones, they're sweeter. ;)
ReplyDeleteI love brussel spouts steamed in a frypan with a little garlic and olive oil...yumm and like you, love bacon, but don't eat pork, oh except maybe crackling at Christmas!
ReplyDeleteI've tagged you too in the blogspot challenge:
http://frillsinthehills.blogspot.com/2009/02/blogspot-challenge.html