Saturday, November 1, 2008

Plateaus

At this weeks discussion at the meeting was about “plateaus” and how you can help shake things up a bit to overcome a plateau. Whilst I hopefully won’t hit that stage for a little while yet, I do expect that I will, and thought this morning that I should do a little recap of some of the ideas we came up with at the meeting so I can reference them in the future:
· Cook and eat different foods to what you usually have. Try different yoghurts, try different recipes and variations.
· Try a different form of exercise, like aqua aerobics or aerobics video.
· Try interval running – so walk, but run for some intervals to get your heart rate up.
· Try wearing a pedometer and ramping up the number of steps in a day.
· Be a little more active in your day to day activities – so for me I could park further from the shops, do more cleaning, make more trips to the washing line rather than consolidating, go to the park more with the kids, kick a ball around with them.
· Re-take the points quiz, and check you’re on the right amount of points.
· Vary the amount of points you have through the week, eg 21, 25, 22, 26.
· Switch from Points to Core.
· Switch around your meals, and eat your heavier meal earlier in the day and have a light dinner.
· Reduce the amount of sugar in what I’m eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment