Tuesday, November 4, 2008

It’s naughty. But I do weigh myself during the week. I know I shouldn’t, but I do. I find it can help keep me focused and accountable. So this morning, after the last couple of days being doubtful, despite diligent tracking, I find myself on the cusp of getting under 100!! Of course, that’s naked weight… But add 1.5kg for clothes, shoes and fluid, at my weigh in tomorrow night I should be in for a good 1kg loss.

The exercising is definitely a bit contributing factor. Obviously I’m not having little binge sessions either, but taking the advice from this weeks booklet, I took a little look at what made me successful last time – and it was exercise. It made me feel better, it gave me “me” time, it gave me time to think, and it helped me shrink! I can eat all the good food in the world, but I need to move to burn it off, keep it off, and help me feel good. This assists me in maintaining the motivation to eat well. It had been very hard to start with, but I’m finding I’m looking to be more active now. I’m no fitness freak, and I’m not doing huge, strenuous amounts of exercise, but I look forward to that time to myself to use the treadmill or the Wii.

The Wii exercise I did on Saturday was certainly felt yesterday and today!! My abs especially probably haven’t been worked like that in a while!! I’m using the Wii mainly for yoga and some muscle exercises to complement the work on the treadmill. It will be a handy tool, because if I have a rainy day I can use the Wii to do boxing, step, running, a mild form of tennis and tenpin bowling.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Katy, I have been thinking about getting a Wii and then a wii fit (mainly because I also want guitar hero! LOL)

    My friend at work has it and does the yoga - it does sound wonderful for tightening up the wobbly bits! :)

    ReplyDelete