Friday, November 7, 2008

Making good choices, regardless of PMS

I’m having a very hard day today. I’m tired, I’m hormonal, I’m irritable, and I feel like I have an insatiable appetite! Welcome to PMS. My period is due in a couple of days, and this is hell. It doesn’t help that I had a terrible time trying to get the kids hair cut at a barber shop (it still isn’t cut!). And it doesn’t appear that I have lost even a gram of weight over the last couple of day – and I know I shouldn’t weigh daily, but I do – again, thanks to PMS and fluid retention before the Big Red.

But trying to look on the positives, despite feeling so down, I had plenty of opportunities to give into my cravings and peckishness. I very much feel like a meat pie, or just junk food. But I walked past 2 bakeries, and walked through Coles (to get bread and milk) and I didn’t buy a thing!!

So despite that, I still have a desire to eat. So I’m having a healthy filling lunch, and have a list of low point snacks to keep me going over the afternoon if I need to – including yoghurt, tomato soup, apple, crackers with cheese. I was going to make low fat banana choc chip muffins, but I don’t know if I can stop at one given my current mind frame.

No comments:

Post a Comment