Thursday, April 2, 2009

Teeny 100g loss this week. Could have been worse, could have been better! My scales indicated a bigger loss, but hopefully that will show last week. Though in truth, I didn't have the best week anyhow, though I have steered clear of the hot cross buns, and I did clock up 4 hours of exercise. I'm finding the cooler weather a challenge with my eating - I want to eat more! The exercise I'm keeping up with quite well, but I just want to eat warm food. I think I'll have to cook up some low-point soup to keep on hand for snacking on (and it's filling!).

The results of the "Biggest Winner" competition are in, and I didn't even get a look in! To be expected - how can I compete with someone who loses 13kg in a month? Or 31cm? or 6% body fat? Anyhow, it was still good motivation to get there and exercise, and I still lost 2.2kg that month on their scales.

I am looking forward to taking my WW measurements next week, because although my losses have been dwindling, I'm definitely feeling leaner. My size 16 3/4 pants are practically falling off me at the moment!! I'm also going shopping for a new cardigan tonight (hubby will come for an extra opinion and to look after the kids). I was putting it off, but I have a feeling I'll need it for our trip (see below) and I'm desperate for it. Last time I was this size, I was wearing jumpers, and now I much prefer cardigans! If only I could knit.

It's been an incredibly busy past 2 weeks, and I've been looking forward to slowing it down a bit this week. Spending a bit more time at home and not travelling! We made 3 trips to Mum in a one week period, making a good 12 hours of travelling in total. Love to see them, love to see my family, but it was just exhausting! Packing up the kids and their gear into the car, and then reversing it all to come home again. Thankfully they travel really well, and there were no complaints or whinging.

My Poppy was diagnosed with advanced prostate cancer a few months ago, so we've decided to travel the 10 hours to go and see him over the Easter long weekend. Not a fabulous time to travel (extra traffic, double demerits, school holidays etc), but my folks are going, and I have to go and say my "goodbyes". I'll regret it if I don't go. Accommodation is insanely expensive, but I'm hoping something will fall at our feet. I'm also going to get a travel pass from Curves, and I'm hoping to be able to do a couple of classes while I'm away, between the public holidays, I'm sure I'll manage a visit or two, and hopefully some walks on the beach.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your loss. Any loss is a good loss. Easter is tricky. I'm so lucky not to be a lover of hot cross buns but chocolate is my downfall. I hate easter egg chocolate, it tastes plastic-ey to me, but Cadbury Creme Eggs....... Drrooooollllll.....

    I hope your trip goes as well as it can under the circumstances. As someone with 2 small kids that regularly commuted to see family in Adelaide, when living in Melbourne, pack LOTS of snacks for them in individual sandwich bags. And loads of toys and books. The best thing I ever made were two bags to hang on the back of the front seats to hold all their stuff. We are actually packing them in our suitcase to take on our NZ trip!

    Have a great Easter.

    ReplyDelete