Thursday, April 30, 2009

Mini-meat pies

Mini meat pies

Makes 12 @ 1.5 points each


I'd serve 2-3 for dinner with vegies

500g rump steak, cubed into smallish pieces

1 onion, roughly chopped

300g button mushrooms, quartered

2 cloves garlic, crushed

2 tablespoons tomato paste

1 tablespoon worchestershire sauce

2 teaspoons beef stock powder

1/4 cup water

1 tablespoon gravy powder

salt, pepper (for seasoning last)

8 sheets filo pastry

I cooked in the slow cooker - so I just threw in everthing except the gravy powder and seasoning. Cooked for 6 hours. Add gravy powder (to thicken a little), salt and pepper to taste.

Grease a 12 hole muffin tin with spray oil. Lay out your filo sheets, and cut into 3 along the longest edge. Cut half horizontally. You'll have 48 squares to line the muffin tin with. Line the muffin holes with either use 4 sheets on the bottom (and pull in like little wontons), or 3 sheets on the bottom, and 1 to top the pies with.

Spray with cooking spray. Fill the muffin tins with meat mixture, bake in a 200 degree oven for 15 minutes until nice and brown.


The kids love these, such a novelty!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, they sound so good! I will have to give them a road test. I make pies with a similar filling, but I think that the filo would be better for us than puff pastry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yum. Now I feel like meat pies.

    ReplyDelete