After falling off the wagon a bit yesterday, I've realised that exercise really does set my path for the day. I didn't get to the gym or out for a walk yesterday morning as hubby had to leave early for work again, and I wasn't going to get up at 5:30am again, just too tired from a late night and big day before hand - so I do need to take some responsibility, as I still COULD HAVE. But getting my exercise out of the way early really does set the mood for the day. I got to the gym that evening, as hubby also managed to get home a teeny bit early so I could get there before it shut. But I think I was only working at about 70%!
So I was up early for a walk this morning, and I've had a healthy, filling breakfast, and I'm going to stick to 20 points each day this week, rather than my allocated 23 - a bit of a version of FastStart.
My other big change for this week is that I'm not weighing myself - not in the morning, not through the day, not at all. I haven't put them away, hubby still likes to use them, but the temptation to just hop on is so much!!! I think it's almost to my detriment that it also doesn't help my progress for the week by being tied to them. For example, on weigh-in day, and the day before, I was on them several times, and I was paniced as I was sure I was going to have a rather large gain. I just don't need that worry, and you know what? I shouldn't have to micro-manage my weight that much.
So it's day 2 of not jumping on!
It's our home day today and it's going to be an absolutely gorgeous bright sunshiny day, so there will be lots of washing on the line, and I'm going to do some paint stamping with the kids this morning, maybe do 30 minutes of my DVD or the Wii, and take the kids to the park this afternoon.
Thursday, March 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Oh the scales can be evil! I swear I should throw mine out or lend them to someone while I am doing this weight loss gig and only WI at meeting. Excercise sets the mood for your day but WI sets the mood for mine - might need to change that this time around me thinks!
ReplyDeleteYour doing sooo well Katy!
I am a scale hopper too Katy. Every time we talk about the scales at WW, my leader looks at me out the corner of her eye and says 'I know, I know'.... It actually helps my motivation as I can normally see the difference about half way through the week, but as my scales are different to WW (4.2kg more than WW at the start, 3.2kg different now that I'm lighter) I always have a pleasant surprise at weigh in each week!
ReplyDelete