Thursday, October 23, 2008

There are no reasons for failure, just excuses

Absolutely true. I thought I had lost 200g last night, when I infact stayed the same. I should be satisfied with that given I had 2 days of a bit too much food. But I thought 5 days of eating well would counteract that. Not so! And really, I should have tracked those 2 days (I am going to go back and write them in today to the best of my ability!), and I only exercised once, maybe twice. So I have a lot of excuses!

We discussed increasing our exercise this week at the meeting, plus a 6 week challenge. I have a variety of excuses as to why I can’t exercise easily – with 3 little kids it’s damned tough, my husband is away during the day a lot etc. But really, they’re excuses. I have plenty of reasons for how I CAN exercise – I can get on the treadmill when the kids are asleep during the day or in the evening. I can go on my own in the dark (understandably this isn’t desirable!). I can go in the morning before B goes to work. I could take the kids to the park and walk around the park. I can put on a taped aerobics episode and to that during the day.

It’s very difficult to continue tracking however. I really just want to have a piece of left over birthday cake. So I will let myself have a little bit every day, only a tiny bit. And I will track it. I was very close to just finishing the last two pieces last night. I was in a very foul mood when I got home last night.

Evening meetings are going to take me a while to come to terms with, because my morning weight keeps going down.

No comments:

Post a Comment