Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Search for the elusive oil bottle


This week I am on the hunt for an elusive oil bottle. We've been going through a reasonable amount of olive oil lately - particularly in making pizza dough, and I saw a big tin on sale at around half the price per 100ml than the regular 600-700ml bottle I would buy. It was around $19 for a 4 litre tin of the Moro olive oil, that I normally pay about $6 for just 600ml. So I thought it was a reasonable buy.
But now I need to find a reasonable size bottle - not too big, not too little - to decant the tin into! I thought it would be an easy, and inexpensive, thing to find.
I can't spend a fortune on it, and ideally I'd like a darker bottle with a slimmer nozzle on it.
No luck on today's hunt, perhaps tomorrow!

4 comments:

  1. I have found them sometimes at $2 shops! Mine is Maxwell Williams so you may be able to find one at Myer - the S&P range have an onyx one I'm sure.. I'll have a look for you next tme I'm there if you like?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have an oil bottle but I always look at those tins of oil and think 'oh my god, they're so cheap'. I saw the olive oil and rice bran oil on special at Woolies the other week - super cheap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mine are Tupperware (surprise surprise!). They don't make the ones I have anymore - but they do do the "Soy Scapes" - they come in a few sizes - but 600ml size is probably perfect... and you just happen to know someone who can access one. LOL
    (Will see if I can find a photo for you :) )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so so not original......I came to tell you that Tupperware do a cool "Soy Scape" bottle which my lovely husband uses with olive oil.

    http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs456.ash1/25106_399158131803_642511803_4977572_2785635_n.jpg

    And that I have garlic infused olive oil in one just like you have pictured....Maxwell Williams.....which you can get in places like "Home" or Cookaholics or House or General Trader.....

    ReplyDelete