Monday, March 22, 2010

Meal Plan Monday

What are your quick, easy, make in advance meals?

Here we are again! I didn't have a plan last week - between leftovers, what we had in the cupboard, and a few smaller shops, we just made it through. I've been sick for the last week or so (still am!), getting over a nasty cold and cough, so I haven't felt like cooking much, let alone thinking about food. I did this meal plan on the weekend, and will last up until Easter - and I'll do a shop on the Thursday before Good Friday as we have family coming up for Easter celebrations and a family get-together.

This month might prove hard to stay under budget - we had family over for dinner this past weekend, and an extra 10 people to feed again next weekend. Being sick the past week, definitely made me think about Planning with Kids's idea of planning a month in advance for meals. I'm not sure if I can make it work though, as what I feel like eating changes so often!

Things are becoming busy of an afternoon now, and I'm really needing to find quick, easy, nutritious, not to mention cheap, meals that I can serve up for the children a bit earlier, and to feed hubby and I later. Between sport, family and school activities, we're busy 4 of 5 afternoons during the week, not to mention no-fuss weekend meals (if we're home!). I had thought about making things and freezing them, which would work well, but not at the moment as the children are eating earlier, and I can't re-heat things twice, or keep it warm for an hour and a half.

Lunches
Roast pumpkin, spinach and cheese wraps
'pizza' sandwiches
vegie mini-pizzas
baked bean toasties
leftovers

Dinners
Spaghetti and meatballs with foccacia and salad
Leftover pasta, bread and salad
Roast chicken with vegetables
Easy oven-baked frittata and salad
Thai fish cakes with salad
Chicken and pumpkin risotto
Homemade chicken schnitzel with mash and vegies
Homemade pizzas
Fish with homemade wedges and vegetables
Moroccan chicken and vegetable curry with cous-cous
Bacon and pumpkin pesto pasta with salad
Out for birthday party

Baking
Banana cakes and muffins
Cinnamon Tea Cake
White Chocolate and Macadamia cookies

1 comment:

  1. Your menu ideas look so similar to mine, I cannot add many! I do cook beef strog and beef and chicken casseroles in the slow cooker. The kid have theirs at around 5.30pm with 2 minute noodles or rice. Then lovely husband and I have it together at about 8pm. Then I freze the rest.

    ReplyDelete