All my nerves (!) from last year are gone, and I believe I am settling into our new routine too. At present I'm in the roster to do home reading with the children on a Friday morning, and I can't wait to see the children as they progress through the year. I'm also helping out with the K-2 Dance group and making of costumes - oh help! I hope there are some 'non technical' roles there. I've met a number of other Mums there that are just lovely, and easy to talk to. It's great to be slowly building up a network of Mums to talk to!
LegoBoy is also doing "after school sport" which is a program run by the school, after sport {duh} and is free! It runs for an hour and a half, and I think some of the other teachers and students, possibly from the high school, run the program. Each week they do different sports.
I cannot believe how well and fast he is progressing already with reading - knowing a lot of words by sight, and learning to sound out words. They have a marvellous program on the computers called "Letterland" which is helping the children identify letters and sounds.
The primary school only has around 200 students, and the older students are very caring of the younger ones {at this point}.
Routinewise, it is certainly a struggle getting out the door by 8:15am with all 4 of us dressed, breakfasted, packed and ready to go! Especially trying to fit in my exercise as well, and dropping hubby at the train at the moment, which eats up another 15 minutes. But we're coping! I can even get out the door, and go straight to do errands or get to preschool for Daisy on Wednesdays.
I just wish "Nagger" wasn't my other name!!



Sounds like the year is starting well!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad things are going well for you. What a fantastic new chapter for your family!
ReplyDeleteThis post makes my heart sing! It is SO SO good when everything falls so nicely into a groove! (And I am a huge fan of Letterland too...it is SO effective! We have the character list pinned up on the fridge and we *all* talk in Letterland "code" to get the sounds of letters happening..........)
ReplyDelete