Monday, February 15, 2010

Menu Plan Monday

Gosh, I'm back! What a busy few weeks settling LegoBoy into school, Daisy into preschool, and our new routines in general.

Pleased to say the pantry is slowly being "simplified" with the amount of "stuff" in it, though I still need to give it a good clean-out.

I thought I would be due to do a meat shop this week or the next, but I'm pretty sure I can make it stretch for the next fortnight or so with what we have in there, and a meal or two that I made in advance. I'll probably freeze the shepherds pie to use next week.


Breakfasts
Cereal
Toast
Homemade fruit toast
Pancakes (Sunday!)

Lunches
Leftovers (hubby)
Ham and salad sandwiches
Devon sandwiches (shopping day treat for the kids)
Pizza Rolls with Ham, Pineapple and mushroom

Dinners
Lamb Roast with roast vegetables, peas and gravy
Shepherds pie with vegetables (from leftover lamb)
Veal schnitzel with mash, steamed vegetables and mushroom gravy
@ Mums
Fish, wedges, steamed vegetables
Nacho salad with leb bread for 'chips', shredded lettuce, grated carrot, cheese, chopped tomatoes (kids can help themselves)
Homemade pizza
Spaghetti bolognaise with salad (with grated vegetables and mushrooms in the mince)
Beef pie with potato dumplings and steamed vegetables

Baking
Pikelets
Possibly a low-fat chocolate cake or banana cake

3 comments:

  1. Welcome back! :D

    Shepherds' pie is popular at our house too at present!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I haven't had pikelets in forever. Now I'm craving them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Katy great to see an update, me I am slack, I would love your reciepe for shepeherds pie I have left lamb. thanks Jill

    ReplyDelete