Saturday, January 3, 2009

I lost over Christmas

I’m proud to say that I lost 0.2kg this week – OVER CHRISTMAS!!! How good is that??? I was hoping to maintain or have a little loss, and I did it! I have to say I am very pleased with myself. I still overindulged a little too much over the two festive days, but I managed to pull the reins in again on Boxing Day and the days to follow. I also exercised 2 days, not as much as I needed to, but enough to attribute my loss to that little bit of exercise!

Fattening desserts were my downfall, not my main meals. So next year I’ll bring along a low fat dessert to Mums for everyone, and it’s our turn to host Christmas for B’s side, so I’ll have equally low fat dessert, or pavlova or something as a much better choice.

I also had a few chocolates and things, but I managed to have just two or so a day, and they’re now out of the house (and counted in my points!). It was difficult to rein in my eating though, with plenty of terrible choices around – chocolates, biscuits, shortbread, ham etc. But I’ve gotten through the thick of it, and now it back to regular programming.

Today we did a nice big grocery shop today (too big! $13 on tomatoes?!), so the fridge and cupboards are full of good food. Mum is coming to stay for a few days next week, which I’m looking forward to.

Next grocery shop I am going to make a $30 challenge, I have so much “stuff” in the pantry I need to run things down a little.

We’re going out for Mum’s birthday tomorrow at the Hogs Breath Café, I’m making a chocolate cake to take along (3.5 points per piece) with some strawberries. I might choose a steak or a salad, not sure yet, but with my exercise points, I’ll fit the meal into my points quite easily, and I have fish planned for dinner, with homemade wedges (6.5 point meal), so really with some yoghurt and cereal for breakfast, that leaves me with 10 points (+ 3.5 for the cake) for a main meal, a few more points if I need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment