Monday, December 14, 2009

Weekend Wrap up


Phew! We're certainly gaining momentum now in the lead up to Christmas. We have just 4 sleeps until we take the kids to see the Wiggles in Sydney, and 6 sleeps until we have my husbands family get-together for Christmas. And it's our turn to host. And the only list I have is of the food I want to serve!! I haven't pulled together my usual folder that I do for a function - recipes, menu list, food shopping list, tasks to do before the event etc etc. Better put that hat on tomorrow!


Although I've been quiet here, it's just indicative of how busy everything else is at the moment. Despite all this busy-ness, I've still been exercising and sticking to my points. It would be *so* easy to drop my early morning exercise, given the amount of very late nights I've been having and how exhausted I am otherwise, but it actually makes me FEEL better and energises me for the rest of the day.




Pleased that on both Saturday and Sunday I got to the gym. Saturday we did our bulk meat shop - our last purchase lasted us 9 weeks, and included a fair bit of entertaining. We then headed off to the Hunter Valley Gardens for the Christmas Lights Spectacular. Now, I always look forward to Christmas - but you know what?? I actually think it brings out the WORST in people. People are grumpier and less patient at the shop (ie running into the kids with trolley's more, impatient waiting in line, rushing more etc).




In hindsight, it was silly going on a warm, Saturday night. People just BUSTLED and RUSHED through the gardens!!! Just felt like cattle. I enjoyed the lights, but visitors to the garden - their attitudes stink, and people were grumpy and pushing the kids around - and they're the ones who need to get in the spirit!




Sunday I gave hubby a much needed and deserved sleep in, along with breakky in bed. I went to the gym, and we set out again for the afternoon. First stop - IKEA! We had lunch - we bought our own and ate while we meandered through. Visited hubby's Dad, then went to my BIL's and families so the kids could have a play, we had dinner, and spent a couple of hours driving around (and getting out and walking) to view more of their local areas Christmas lights.



It was a lovely weekend, but I'm pooped!!

2 comments:

  1. I am hearing you on the busyness Katy, and people argh They are crazy this time of year, I thought i would let you know I am off to update today It has been awhile i am very slack

    ReplyDelete
  2. We saw the Wiggles today in Newcastle - excellent show! Billy felt he was a bit old for it though (we went with his 3 yo cousins) so it'll probably be our last one - very sad :( lol

    ReplyDelete