Thursday, December 3, 2009

November Monthly Review and December Key Tasks

November Monthly Review:
  • Start and complete my bread box project. Completed. For $6 I bought a used breadbox, and spent $3 on some white spray paint. It hasn't come up too badly! Not as 'clean' as I would like, but hopefully it will suit the task. Now I need to just find a suitable fruit basket to go on top of it! This is all in an effort to conserve space on my counter-top.
  • Sort out my recipe folder. Completed. I bought some fabulous pink arch-lever folders, and some new plastic sleeves, and got sorting! Probably cost me about $15 in bits and pieces, but it's done. There are some great tips at Organising Queen. Now to tackle the "to try" folder...
  • Spend 5 minutes a day in the study to tidy off my desk, in trays, filing trays and filing cabinet. Completed. Probably didn't get as much done as well as I like, but cumulatively I spent that time in the study. It was a realistic goal! I chucked out a good stack of papers, and have a small stack to keep to file away for the tax department.
  • Begin toilet training Buster. Completed. We started. We didn't succeed though! He will now sit on the potty without tears, but we haven't gotten much further than that yet. He would rather sit there for an hour. But he won't wee!
  • Determine our Christmas Menu for hosting Christmas Eve for hubby's family. Completed. I've even just made the dessert for the freezer! I've decided to keep it relatively simple. Cooking a roast lunch for 15 certainly isn't easy!

December Key Tasks:

  • Get to the beach at least once for a walk in the morning for a change of scenery.
  • Give my wardrobe and drawers a clean out. I estimate at least HALF of the clothes in my drawers and wardrobe don't fit me! PJ's, undies, bras, skirts, jeans, tops, jumper... they need to GO. I'm pretty much living out of a pile on the top of my drawers because that's what I wear day in, day out.
  • Write out our Christmas Cards.
  • Visit Santa for photos.
  • Help Lego Boy write Christmas Cards for his friends.
  • Cook fudge to give away to preschool teachers, staff and our kind postie.
  • Maintain my exercise routine, no matter how busy we get!

Keeping it simple! There are a MILLION things running around my head at the moment, but I'm not going to burden myself with it.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good plan Katy. I love that you're so organised :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent plan Katy. No point sweating the small stuff eh?!

    ReplyDelete