Friday, April 23, 2010

Friday Favourites - ANZAC Slice

Being ANZAC day on Sunday, I'm making traditional ANZAC biscuits, but last year I tried this ANZAC slice for a different twist. It was delicious! It is basically the same recipe I have for ANZAC biscuits, so you could make it into biscuits too if you wanted too.

ANZAC Slice
Serves 30

1 cup rolled oats
1 cup plain flour
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup coconut
125g butter
2 tablespoons golden syrup (increase to 3 tablespoons for biscuits)
1 tablespoon water
1/2 teaspoon bicarb soda

  1. Preheat oven to 170 degrees celcius. Grease and line large slice tin.
  2. Combine oats, flour, sugar and coconut.
  3. Combine melted butter, golden syrup and water. Remove from heat and add bicarb soda to make a frothy mixture.
  4. Stir butter mixture into flour mixture, until well combined.
  5. Spoon into tin, press down with a fork or hands. Bake uncovered for 30 minutes (will be firm to touch). Stand for 15 minutes. Or put dollops onto cookie trays and cook for 15-20 minutes.
  6. Turn out to slice while still warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment