Monday, January 18, 2010

Meal Plan Monday

In line with some of my new budgeting procedures (!), I've managed to stretch last weeks grocery shop for two extra days - where I would have been due to shop on Sunday, I won't need to go now until tomorrow. I've just had to top up with a little milk, bread and a few salad bits.

I'm going to change my format a little too, to adapt to my new level of meal planning in efforts to reduce my grocery costs.

Breakfasts
Cereal
Toast
Boiled/scrambled eggs and toast

Lunches
leftover rissole sandwiches
leb wraps with salad, cheese and ham
baked bean sandwiches and fruit
tuna and potato salad (me)
jam/peanut butter sandwiches with fruit, cheese and milk

Dinners
Moroccan shephards pie with vegetables
Fish with homemade wedges and vegetables
Spinach and ricotta cannelloni with salad
leftover cannelloni and shephards pie, and salad
at Mums another night
Eating out (with hubby! Kid free night - kids at their Uncle and Aunties for the night)
Porcupine rissoles with mash and vegetables

Baking
Choc chip muffins - for the kids to take to their Uncle and Aunties house for afternoon tea
Maple frosted carrot & pecan slice

6 comments:

  1. I need to get back into the planning- summers holidays throws everything out!

    Well done, everything sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your menu looks great i have let my menu planninggo a little over xmas and new year. time to get back into it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to plan, I have spent so much money on groceries lately and there's nothing left after two days. Seriously like over $300 a week. Scary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking good! I've done mine, forgot to post it! Oh well :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's an excellent trick - well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i had to do the same thing with ours!

    ReplyDelete