Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Wouldn't it be nice not to be an adult?

Even just for a little while! I'm having one of those days today! I just don't want to be an adult - just for a couple of hours. Let loose, and in particular let go of adult responsibilities.
I don't want to... have to deal with squabbling children.
I don't want to... have to clean up endless mess.
I don't want to... have to do the washing... and folding... and ironing.
I don't want to... cook dinner.
I don't want to... deal with over-tired children.
I don't want to... worry about anyone but myself {just for a little while!}.
I don't want to... worry about my weight, fitness and health.
I don't want to... worry about bills.
I don't want to... worry about budgets and finances.
I don't want to.... you get the drift!

Not that I want to be a child either - and being an adult *is* kind of cool.
I get to give my children endless {free!} cuddles.
I get to eat crap when I want to.
I can have a yummy cup of coffee while Buster enjoys his a babycino and it's just *us* time.
I can make and create children's birthday cakes and parties.
I get to make sure the children are fed good and healthy food.
I can bake yummy fresh bread.

1 comment:

  1. Go out and play on the swing for an hour :) Forget about the responsibilities of being an adult and just play...

    (Note, I just give the advice, not necessarily do it myself!)

    ReplyDelete